Montag, 21. Juni 2010

Saturday, June 19th

Guess what, I'm sitting at the beach, I can feel the sand under my feet, I can hear the saound of the waves and I'm still in NYC. Since I had a good long sleep today (till 9:30) and since I had to recharge my computer and do some sightseeing planning for the next days, I decided to stay at the hostel for the whole morning and to have a look at the Mermaid parade on Coney Island in the afternoon. Yessica wanted to meet some friends and take dance classes anyway, so it was the perfect opportunity for me to have a day on my own and to start writing all the missing entries for my blog.
Coney Island lies in the very South-West of Brooklyn and it takes about 1 hour from Times Square to get there by subway. That's why I only saw the end of the parade, but I could still take some nice pictures of people in really bizarre costumes. The boardwalk, on which the parade ended, was so crowded that I wasn't able to take a look at the beach. So I decided to take the subway back to Brighton beach to enjoy the last warm sunshine of the day. I'm still at Brighton Beach, but I think I'll go back to the hostel soon, even it's only 5:30. The wind is getting cooler and the train will also take 1 hour back.

Keine Kommentare: